Top 8 Honeymoon Locations in Asia
Lets’ face it. After the whole hoo-ha of a wedding, the one thing that most bridal couples look forward to is the honeymoon. The time where they spend officially as a married couple, resting and relaxing from the hustle and bustle from preparing till the execution of the wedding, and of course, to enjoy a good break away from everyone and everything else (like work).
Today, we share with you the Top 8 Honeymoon locations in Asia, where you are not too far from home, may not tear a hole in your pocket, yet is away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. Ps. the locations are numbered in no particular order.
- Bali, Indonesia
Have you heard of the dreaded Bali breakup curse? Well, not to worry here, married couples will not be affected for sure. The very utterance of the name Bali conjures exotic imageries of private beaches and volcanoes.
- Get spiritual and explore the ancient and beautiful temples in Bali with your spouse
- If you and your partner are art lovers, visit Ubud, the artistic capital of the island with several museums and a variety of informal workshops
- If you’re looking for some adventure, young couples can manage a trek quite easily to the volcanoes of Bali- smouldering Mount Batur or the massive Mount Agung
- Go swimming at Jimbaran Bay
- Bask in the lovely beaches with the love of your life
- Scuba Diving is another extremely enjoyable and popular activity in Bali that couples can enjoy
2. The Maldives
Offering idyllic surroundings for honeymoon couples wanting to savour intimate moments together in a unique, serene environment, The Maldives is sure to work up magic in your love life. Floating bungalows and honeymoon resorts set on some of the bluest water you have ever encountered will make you and your partner want to stay here forever.
- Enjoy Maldivian cuisine and delicious sea food
- Go scuba diving and snorkelling with your spouse
- Newly wed couples can take romantic walks on the shore lines at full moon nights and see the water glowing in the moon light
3. Koh Samui, Thailand
A beautiful island in Thailand with palm fringed beaches and bluest of waters. It is the most exotic honeymoon destinations in Asia in June and you can have the time of your life with your newlywed better half.
- If you and your spouse are beer lovers, then you’ve struck gold! The island is laden with amazing beer bars where you can get awesome local beers (Singha, Tiger, Chang, Heineken) at dirt cheap rates
- The nightclubs at Chaweng Beach are the best!
- Go scuba diving and snorkelling in the crystal clear waters of Koh Samui
4. Langkawi, Malaysia
The surreal beaches and dense mangrove forests of this place makes it a tropical favourite. This place is also ideal for couples looking for some moderate adventure. Honeymooners can indulge in water sports, great dining options and the fantastic shopping scene.
- Visit the Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls aka Seven Wells and witness its beauty
- Get a few screams with your hubby on one of the cable cars
- Enjoy the thrills at Crocodile Adventureland
- Pantai Cenang, the most popular beach in Langkawi is an idyllic place for love birds
5. Boracay, Philippines
Perhaps less well-known than other Asian honeymoon destinations and often overlooked by mainstream travellers, this stunning 10km² island boasts more than 30 gorgeous beaches fringed by sparkling clean turquoise waters.
- By day, go scuba diving, windsurfing, kite surfing, sailing and kayaking or unwind with a massage beneath swaying palm trees. By night, enjoy a pulsating cosmopolitan nightlife that typically lasts until dawn.
6. El Nido, Philippines
Situated in the north of the sparsely populated Palawan Island, El Nido offers numerous fun activities for newlywed couples. The dining experience here is also pretty special and romantic to share with your lover.
- Enjoy fun activities like island hopping and sightseeing with your newlywed spouse
- Honeymooners can experience scuba diving and snorkelling at Biscuit Bay
- Splash in the natural Jacuzzis (hot springs) and the waterfalls
- Get into some adventure and go mountain biking
Offering newlywed couples with an experience that is a blend of ancient culture and traditions, flawless hospitality, world-class cuisine; it easily is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Asia for summer. Stay at an exotic Ryokan with private hot spring baths and enjoy the romantic scenery in the quaint rural villages and enchanting precincts filled with cherry blossom.
- Take a romantic walk with your better half amidst thousands of cherry blossoms at Yoshino in full bloom during summer
- If you feel adventurous enough, climb up Mount Aso to see one of the world’s largest calderas or Mount Fuji, an icon of Japan.
- Witness the snowy peaks of the country’s largest national park, Daisetsuzan
- Newly wed couples can have a wonderful experience soaking in the hot springs of Japan’s Onsen Capital, Beppu.
8. Hong Kong
If your idea of a honeymoon deviates from the typical sandy beaches and blue skies, then plan a romantic escape to one of the happening and best honeymoon destinations in Asia – Hong Kong. The big bustling city life, world class hospitality, exotic parks and gardens, and award-winning restaurants make Hong Kong a perfect couple’s retreat in Asia.
- The most spectacular viewpoint in Hong Kong is the Victoria Peak enjoy the sights of the city and its harbours from here with your spouse
- A trip on the the Peak Tram, the city’s oldest public transport, and enjoy the beautiful sights from the Peak Tower
- The night air filled with romance is the time to take a trip together to see the twinkling lights of the city below